- 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- BA University of Notre Dame (Psychology, Sociology)
- MA Duke University (Social Psychology)
- Ph.D. Duke University (Social Psychology)
- Introductory Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Psychology of Prejudice
- Discrimination and stigma
- Stereotype formation and stereotype threat
- Linking discrimination/identity stress to health and achievement outcomes
My research focuses on stress as related to possession of a devalued attribute or identity, such as discrimination stress, stereotype threat, and role-related stress. Through the study of how identity related stress can affect an individual’s feelings, health, and achievement, my work attempts to uncover pathways by which the negative effects of possessing a devalued identity occur.